When to submit a claim
You must make an insurance claim on your policy within six months of the date of Insolvency.
Organising your claim quickly will reduce any avoidable delays to its resolution, reducing the chance that your cashflow is interrupted.
How to claim
For a complete step-by-step guide to claims, click here to read our guide: How to submit a claim.
ACTION: Send us the relevant information listed below when you make a claim
- Copies of unpaid invoices
- Statement of account for the customer
- Copy of the terms and conditions of sale
- Copy of Purchase Orders
- Your previous trading experience with the customer
- Insolvency Notice
- Proof of Debt sent to the Insolvency Practitioner
- Confirmation of Debt from the Insolvency Practitioner
From time to time, we may ask you for additional information.
Processing your claim
When you are submitting a claim, ensure your form is complete and signed by an authorised signatory for your company and include all additional documents.
Once we receive your claim, it will be reviewed and you can expect the following timescales provided you have submitted a complete claim form:
- Within two working days, we’ll send an acknowledgement and claim reference number.
- Within five working days, you’ll receive a dedicated team member name and contact details. We’ll also send you details of our initial assessment.
If we ask for more information, please send it as soon as possible so we can progress your claim quickly.
Payement of your claim
Let’s have a quick overview of our process:
- We receive your completed claim.
- We analyse it and make sure it has all the necessary details.
- We calculate the claim payment, taking into account the following factors:
– the amount overdue,
- We pay your claim.
– the credit limit,
– the excess,
– the insured percentage.
Your Policy is subject to an Excess which is set out in your Schedule. In order to be eligible for a claim, the amount of your bad debt will need to exceed the amount of this Excess.
We will pay your claim for any undisputed debt within 30 days of receiving the completed claim form and the additional documents or information we have requested.
Download the guide
For any questions or more information, please contact us
Read more guides on Claims & Collection